Monday, May 4, 2009

A Tidbit on Monday: What Swine Flu Precautions Have You Noticed?

Welcome! This post is a departure from the usual DESIGN content of my blog.  Today and in the future, I plan to post a TIDBIT here and there as it comes about.  I hope you will enjoy whatever it might be.

I attend an Episcopal church. Yesterday, before giving communion to the congregation, which involves receiving the round wafer and then sipping wine from the chalice, my preacher mentioned the swine flu fears. He reminded those who would prefer not to sip from the chalice that they could dip their wafer into the wine instead.  I thought that was interesting.

Then, this morning after my wonderful yet grueling workout, I stopped off at my favorite bakery to treat myself to some decaf coffee mixed with a couple of hits of the cinnamon hazelnut caffeinated coffee. Taped on the wall of the glass cabinet which has warm and delicious blueberry, cranberry, banana nut, chocolate mocha, and chocolate swirl muffins behind it…yes, they were all begging me to take them home but my discipline prevailed this time,  was an 8 1/2 X 11” piece of paper with the following message:  DUE TO OUR CUSTOMERS WORRYING ABOUT CATCHING THE SWINE FLU, WE ARE TAKING OUR EMPLOYEES TEMPERATURES WHEN THEY ARRIVE FOR WORK.  I paused and then read it again! Is this more serious than I am allowing myself to believe?

I am curious as to what type of precautions you have noticed in your area?Please leave a comment and tell me.

BTW: here in Nashville, Tennessee where I live we have had two schools decide to close for a week because one school has two suspected cases of the swine flu (one case was just confirmed) and the other school having one suspected case.

No comments:

Post a Comment